Friday, January 8, 2010

Nandina


I'm told these plants are actually weeds and if you let the berries fall you'll have Nandina all over your yard.

We have about four plants along our property line and I keep hoping for a small forest of nandina to spring up but so far that hasn't happened. I happen to think the bush is very pretty and the bright red berries in the middle of winter make pretty good holiday decorations.

So here we have not the berries, but the bright red leaves against the remains of our record 19 inch snowfall. We were supposed to get more snow this morning and I had dreams of photographing a wonderful winter snowscape. Clearly that didn't happen.

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty leaves on that one. A shame they block out the sky since, Easter egg, I am the sky in this picture.

    ReplyDelete